strange one

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

a PE teacher wants to use Casper Focus and lock students with 1 to 1 iPads into the built in Clock app. I almost dismissed it as strange, but went to try it and it seems impossible. Found another post of JAMFNation: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=11311

This post discusses the strategy how to do this with the Photos app, but for the life of me, I can't get this to work with clock app. The StackOverflow post it references says the key is com.apple.timer

Tried that and tried com.apple.MobileTimer and that didn't work either. Anyone here who is a hacker and knows the bundle identifier for all of the built in apps on an iOS 8 iPad or has other advice on how to focus this iPad on Clock. I may not be able to pull this off...you can't even use Apple Configurator to do it...I can focus on the Calculator, but not the Clock.

anyway, ideas are welcome. If this doesn't work, I'll have said PE teacher download a stopwatch app or something.
blackholemac

2 REPLIES 2

nessts
Valued Contributor II

Sorry I do not have an answer for you, but a PE teacher and an iPad, do we make kids watch videos on how to exercise, just in case they think it might come in handy, oh wait he is trying to make the clock be the primary focus of the iPad during class to prevent the kids from doing anything else with it? How about if your iPad is out of your locker you fail PE. Man I think I am getting too old. Thanks for the humor though.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Yeah...this is the strangest request to come in today...for reasons you stated well in your reply and because it piques my curiousity on how to do such a dirt simple task.

File this under stupid tangents a sysadmin gets told to do.