Stubborn Installs from Self Service

bvondeylen
Contributor II

I have had several occurrences where an app will NOT install from Self Service, and there doesn't seem to be a fix.6081676d86f04b84abc9e9787fbb29b6
ff4f0755283a4205a1081daf338242f4

Seems to be the Apple apps as well (Classroom and in the case of the screenshots attached Swi7bec03842faa40f6a96e0bcb8cc01e39
ft Playground)

Even when excluding the iPad from the Scope the App will not go away, nor is it in a usable state. A restart of the iPad doesn't help. What we have done to actually get the install successful is use the App Store instead of Self Service for this issue apps. But that is not a desirable solution.

2 REPLIES 2

JB90
New Contributor

I have also seen this happen. My research told me that it is an app that is stuck somewhere between being downloaded and installed, which makes it undeletable. The only solution that I found to resolve the issue with an app stuck "waiting" was to do a complete wipe of the iPad. If there is a better solution that would be great to find out. Out of 500+ ipads I deployed the last few months, I had this use with 3-5 of them.

cpdecker
Contributor III

Are there any errors for the iPad under Mobile Devices > iPad > Management? If so, clear those and see if any difference is made.

Are you using caching servers on-site?