SUS update packages

Dalmatian
Contributor

we've been using software update server for a long time. but sometime we want to check what does the new released update improve or what it changed by the update, there is always not enough information about it. even i can't find them on apple.com

This is bit upset when you don't know what does the update do on the list. like below 0f05ad64b0a24f1bbde0172d14e3e560

i can't google out any info about what's inside of Core Suggestions Configuration Data and MRT Configuration Data and so on.

anyone have idea where to verify the updates?

6 REPLIES 6

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

What pops up, if anything, when you click the little ( i ) button to the right of the update name?

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

Drop NetSUS, use Reposado and Margarita, you get output so much nicer:

4446de0b3dfd45d1bc907a31682aa658

bmarks
Contributor II

I don't think Reposado is giving you anything other than the same descriptions that you get from an Apple SUS or from Apple's web site. The issue is that Apple's release notes are incredibly spartan and I don't know of any utility or service that expands upon Apple's own release notes for you. And, NetSUS is just Reposado anyway, just without with the Margarita front end.

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

yeah I wasn't sure if netsus even displays that meta data at all for the updates.

bmarks
Contributor II

You have to roll over the "i" but yeah it's basically still the same minimal info that Apple provides on the web or in their own SUS. This is one of those eternal issues that Apple just doesn't seem to care about ever addressing.

ceec6aba000a4ad08071a68d1d404db8

MattCrawford
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue - big packages like Safari have the info and a link to get even more info.
Issue is with others like MRT Configuration Data - no info at all. What are these?
47365bc0b84d43f3b527413fde34412c