SWUS error

abenedict
New Contributor II

All of my client machines are getting the following error when attempting to
connect to my SWUS. "Error: The operation couldn’t be completed.
(NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)" My server is 10.6.4, I have completely
reset the Software Update service and re-setup from scratch.
Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Alan

--
Alan Benedict
?
Macintosh Technician
The Integer Group
http://www.integer.com

2 REPLIES 2

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Ours was having a problem with being behind a proxy. We had to modify 2 of our servers after updating to 10.6.x, there was some changes to com.apple.swupdate.sync.plist that had to be made to get it to go through it.

Thing that got me/us is that we didn’t have the issue with 10.5.8, only after we upgraded to 10.6.3 (we held off upgrading the servers to SL until 10.6.3 was out)

John Wojda

Lead System Engineer, CTS

3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B

Hoffman Estates, IL 60179

Phone: (847)286-7855

SMS / Text Page: 2245873298 <mailto:12245873298 at messaging.sprintpcs.com>

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

We ran into the same issue and you can actually thank me for the 10.6.3 update that fixed the proxy issue in most cases. I raised bloody hell with Apple for this one. They were insistent that nothing had changed with SUS from 10.5 to 10.6 (which is obviously not true as you can now define where to store the updates right in the GUI instead of having to symlink it or find another way to fake it).

Then they proceeded to tell me that it wasn't supported from behind a proxy.

I asked for the documentation as such.

They provided me a 2 year old document for an old version of the server OS and a proxy condition that we didn't meet. (Authenticated vs non-authenticated)

So yeah, editing your plist file on the swupdate.sync.plist file should get you around by throwing in the proxy definition.

Full tech info is here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3099

Would kind of like my name on that tech note as I provided all the instructions to them but hell, I'm not fighting that battle…

Ug.
--
Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Client Services
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420