Symantec Endpoint Protection Notifications for Catalina

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I'm working on the catalina notification whitelisting for Symantec Endpoint Protection. I went through using the Profile Creator app and created it, and for all the other ones I've done they've greyed out the disabling of the app notification. This one when I deploy the profile it still allows the user to disable the notification.

I added 2 app bundles - com.symantec.sep.mainapp and com.symantec.sep.SyLinkDropApp.

Am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6

kwoodard
Contributor III

Not that I know the answer to your question, but I'm going to be doing this soon myself. How did you setup the profile with what you currently have?

kwoodard
Contributor III

I did see this, might be helpful...

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.howto127190.html

mattiasvdm
New Contributor

Did you get it working? I've added SEP and another application to the profile. The other application shows up in the notifications pane in system prefs and the settings are greyed out but SEP is adjustable and also not reflecting the settings in the profile. So same behaviour as you are seeing.

kwoodard
Contributor III

I haven't had any new computers to test this with, but I have a testing box that I will be setting up soon. Will find out then.

mattiasvdm
New Contributor

Got it. The app bundle which locks the preference pane is com.symantec.uiagent.application
Somehow the Symantec application is not showing in the preference pane until you get an actual notification.
I downloaded the EICAR test file to trigger a notification.

KretZoR
New Contributor III

Anyone finding this thread, the bundle identifier used for macOS Notifications for SEP 14.3 is currently "com.broadcom.uiagent.application".