TeamViewer deployment issues: Accessibility Permissions

kcsantos
New Contributor III

We have TeamViewer deployed throughout our company via auto installing Policy from Jamf. Ever since the upgrade to Mojave, new installs of the TeamViewer host package get a prompt to grant accessibility permissions, which require Admin credentials. Our employees have local Standard User accounts, so they are not able to grant the permission.

We packaged up the TeamViewer installer via Composer, and even recorded the Permissions granting part after we received the prompt. Folder Permission set to:

Owner: root(0)
Group: wheel(0)
Mode 775

From Composer, created as a DMG and uploaded to Jamf. Download+Install initiated by Jamf Self Service policy.

Anyone know a workaround on how to get the Mac to grant access to TeamViewer automatically?bce160dac26b4a858e7085c7099239b0

15 REPLIES 15

sshort
Valued Contributor

@kcsantos If the Macs are on Mojave you can use a PPPC profile to whitelist this so your users won't have approval issues. Check out the one I made.

kcsantos
New Contributor III

I created a PPPC profile via the PPPC Utility. Here are my settings I have enabled for TeamViewer. Am I doing something wrong?a6a475bcda8b46b0b76eceb647c525aa

I did the same for the TeamViewer_Desktop

kcsantos
New Contributor III

Ugggh... super noob mistake. I figured it out. I needed to do the settings posted in the previous picture for both TeamViewerHost and TeamViewer_Desktop. I initially assumed the settings carried to everything in that list automatically.

But it's working now. For those who are reading, just note the applications don't appear in the System Preferences>Security and Privacy>Accessibility screen after the profile allows it to go through.

thenikkiwhite
New Contributor

Heya... did you ever get this to work appropriately? I have been trying to use PPPC with TeamViewer and no matter what, I can't get it to work. I called TeamViewer and they said this isn't possible... you have to approve it on every machine manually.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@thenikkiwhite - did you try what @sshort posted above?

thenikkiwhite
New Contributor

yes, i tried it. it did not work for me... not sure if it matters but we are running the tensor version and not the QS version.

SureExclamation
New Contributor III

@kcsantos

How do you add"TeamViewer_Desktop" ? I only see the TeamViewer host app itself when I look through everything.

I found the location, but no way to navigate to it.
/Applications/TeamViewer.app/Contents/Helpers/TeamViewer_Desktop

EDIT: Disregard, I was able to drag it in.

llitz123
Contributor III

Is there any way to just add user access to the Privacy tab in Security & Privacy pref pane? Or even just the Accessibility selection?
It would be great if JAMF could add as a configuration profile item. Not seeing the white-listed apps in the Accessibility section may be a deal breaker for me with this one...
Thanks for any help.

alexmcclements
Contributor

One option we are looking at is using the Privileges app, the user can grant themselves temporary admin rights and make changes to privacy etc.

DirkM2012
Contributor

3f12311791b64afbb8e88f70e44a7569
Did anybody figure out how to approve Screen Capture (Screen Recording)? The PPPC Utility and JSS only show Deny (no Allow), is this by design from Apple or is JSS 10.15.1 and the PPPC Utility not ready yet for this option on macOS 10.15.1?

mlavine
Contributor

@dmatth01 Correct, you can only Deny access to Screen Capture (Screen Recording) by design. Apple decided it fell into the same category as Camera and Microphone access where the user has to be the one to allow it. It seems our choice is to either touch each machine individually or educate our users on following the prompts to enable TeamViewer for Screen Recording.

jameson
Contributor II

Is there really no other way to enable this "screen capture" in teamviewer. Privacy is fine, but in enterprise we need support tools working and not using 5 minutes to guide users to find the checkmark

rossw88
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat. Seems like it's pointless creating the profile in the first place if you can only whitelist the "Accessibility" section but not the "Screen Recording" section.

rwp16
New Contributor

Yeah this is crazy. Our users don't have Admin Rights so IT will have to touch every machine.

qdelaunay
New Contributor II

Hi,
My last communication with TeamViewer support gave me this : - to put it in context I just asked to be able to hide this pop-up (for Catalina), and the day we would have to activate screen recording our users would be able to do it

Thank you very much for sending us these Feature Requests. I will forward your suggestion to our product management. Such ideas are always welcome, although I can not promise when or if this Feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand. Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our user's needs and demands. If you have any further questions on our product, please feel free to contact us.