Testing/scoping Self Service branding?

Digit216
New Contributor

Aloha Jamf Nation!

I was wondering if there was a way to test out the branding of the Self Service application before rolling it out to the entire organization?

I have created a customized logo and want to also have different backgrounds that get cycled through every month, but I wanted to see if there was a way to test it before it goes out to every machine.

Any/all thoughts/ideas/comments are welcome!

And thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

I've always tested this on the fly.....

basically, i just enabled the features on my main computer in the jamf dashboard & once saved, i open up self service on a test computer that an end user would have. if i like it, i keep it, if not, i then delete the new settings on the jamf dashboard back to what it was before. takes about 10 seconds so nobody should really notice .... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

Digit216
New Contributor

Haha well that's one way to do it. And while our user base is pretty small and I'm sure no one would really care, I'm just a perfectionist and would rather not have anyone see it [even by accident] before I was satisfied with it. Although I guess that's just the way it is and I'll have to deal with it until the Jamf Overlords bless us with another method.

Thanks!

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

We have Sandpit, Development and Test environments to try out this kinda thing before we make it live in production.