The Cancel All Pending Commands button isnt working for Computers

msnowdon
Contributor

The new feature implemented in 9.96 to cancel all pending commands for Computers doesn't seem to work for me. If I click it, the page refreshes but the commands are still there. Same result if I do a mass action delete all pending commands. I get a message that the command completed but it doesn't work. However the old way of clicking cancel on each individual commands still works.

This new feature DOES work for mobile devices, just not Computers. Ive tried different browsers with no success.

Any one have any luck with this feature?

14 REPLIES 14

georgecm12
Contributor III

Nope. Noticed the same thing on my end. Ended up having to go back to the (unsupported and severely frowned upon) SQL commands to get rid of pending and failed commands.

joe_farage
New Contributor III

Hi, I have the same problem in 9.96..

millersc
Valued Contributor

+1 here

marktaylor
Contributor

+1 JSS 9.97.1482356336

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

We're on 9.96 hotfix and seeing this as well. Anyone have a PI?

bhoumikb
New Contributor III

+1
Having same issue on JSS 9.97.1482356336
We have many pending or failed commands queued up for thousands of macOS clients and would love to clear them!

m_higgins
Contributor

Also having the same issue

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

my TAM referenced PI-003158 - might want to put tickets in if you haven't already referencing this thread/PI.

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

Same issue here on 9.97.1482356336...

andykang
New Contributor

Same here on 9.96.

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

Hey @georgecm12, what command did you use in SQL to clear them? I'd like to see it in action on our DEV.

marktaylor
Contributor

I use these commands, clears all pending for computers and mobile devices...

select count(*) from mobile_device_management_commands where apns_result_status != 'Pending';

delete from mobile_device_management_commands where apns_result_status != 'Pending';

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

Notice any adverse side effects?

chrisandrews
New Contributor

Getting the same on JSS 9.97.1482356336 - how many people having problems does it usually take for JAMF Staff to notice the problem??