I've got the newest version of Jamf Pro on two different Macs running two different versions of macOS. I've created a source for two different applications on each machine, however when I go to remove folders from the source, I click to confirm deletion and the confirmation window will not disappear. I have to cmd-alt-esc and force close Composer in order to do anything further.
Is anyone having this problem?
While I haven't run into this myself since I'm not on a more recent release yet, I believe this is a known issue. Do some searches for other similar threads and you'll find the discussions on it.
The good news is Composer is not like the other applications, like Jamf Admin, etc. You can revert back to an older release by downloading a previous version from your Assets tab under your account here and use it. Composer is not tied to the version of Jamf Pro you're using.
Hello all, we had the same issue a couple of 10.x releases ago. To get around it, we reverted Composer back to 9.101 and things have been fine since. For those that are unfamiliar on how to find 9.101 like I was, simply go to your assets page and look for older releases and it should be there.
To be honest @howie_isaacks I spent the better part of 3-4 weeks in deep troubleshooting mode with Apple engineering and Jamf engineering because we had packages not deploying properly. As it is appears, those packages have been DMGs, some created a few years ago.
I have since started to move away from DMGs and to PKGs. Using Composer to pull up the original DMG and then I convert over to PKG. This has so far been working for us. My advice would be to move away from DMG's if at all possible. I really hated the month of March as I spent all the time here at work chasing ghosts, spinning up new servers, testing network switches and much more only to find DMGs not being reliable.
@mm2270 : Thank you for your reply.
I tried everything multiple times and that is the reason I added post here.Now the issue is resolved.
I removed all cached data on my machine related to composer and all files deleted having composer content.
All these steps I have done many times and some how it is working now.