Unable to Configure Devices using DEP

jpellet2
New Contributor III

We're finally at a point where we can use DEP and everything appears to be working. We have DEP configured and talking with Apple. Casper sees all of the DEP-capable devices and we've created a preStage Enrollment configuration. The devices we're testing are selected in the scope of the enrollment.

The device checks in with Apple and then knows that it needs to be configured and shows the screen that states that we will automatically configure the device. After clicking next the devices receive the error "The configuration for your iPod touch could not be downloaded from the server. The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error - 1012).

Has anyone seen this and have a way around it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

chlaird
Contributor

It's been discussed at length in this thread at least: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=10084

I know there are others, but I've participated in that one and think it's the most comprehensive.

jpellet2
New Contributor III

Thanks, I will simply participate there. I have actually tried all of the recommendations and nothing helped today. DEP terms were all accepted and the error is on the device only so we shall see.

chlaird
Contributor

Every device or one single device?

Devices you've NEVER tried before, or devices that failed during "setting up the DEP", but now STILL fail when the DEP should be working?

jpellet2
New Contributor III

Each device and I restore the device in between attempts since the configuration is cached. I should also note that we're on 9.6.1.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

The DEP server is configured correctly if it has recognized the device. I think the jss URL is specified from the token, so it seems like the iPad is unable to connect to the JSS. Are there any errors in JAMFSoftwareServer.log?