Unable to create accounts/update passwords in Outlook 2016 with MFA and SSO

bbot
Contributor

In outlook 15.38 and 15.39 on macOS 10.13.0 and 10.13.1, I have been unable to update the password for an existing account, or create a new account in Outlook 2016.

We use Okta for single sign on and Duo for multi factor authentication.

The SSO sign on page will hang and Outlook will eventually go into a not responding state. The same account and same version of Outlook will work on 10.12.6.

Has anyone ran into this issue yet?

8 REPLIES 8

bbot
Contributor

Tested on 15.39 and macOS 10.13.1 on 4 different machines and this is still an issue. Has anyone yet to experience what I am?

chrisbenedict
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this? We are encountering the same issue with High Sierra Outlook Okta and Duo

bbot
Contributor

@chrisbenedict No solution. I have tickets opened with Microsoft, Okta and Duo... It's been months and there's been no progress from any of them.

Please file tickets with Microsoft, Okta and Duo on this. I'm hoping they'll make it a higher priority if they see multiple requests.

mpearce
New Contributor

@bbot @chrisbenedict Any of you guys got a fix for this yet? I've just been bitten by this today as I start my Duo rollout with Okta.

bbot
Contributor

No fix yet @mpearce Last I heard is that Okta/Duo and Microsoft are all working together to get it fixed. It's in Microsoft's court right now and they said to look forward to a patch in a future release. Currently no ETA.

wpak
New Contributor

Duo and Okta told me this will be fixed in Outlook 16.12, supposedly scheduled for release in April. It's currently available on the Insider Fast update track. I upgraded to Outlook 16.12 (180320) and was able to log into Outlook with Okta and Duo on a macOS 10.13.3 machine.

bbot
Contributor

@wpak Also confirmed that the issue is gone after upgrading to the latest fast insider of Outlook. Only took about 6 months to fix.

mpearce
New Contributor

I talked again with Okta yesterday. They've confirmed the fix will be in the April Outlook update from Microsoft.