Unable to drag/drop into Composer

jrb
New Contributor III

I'm running into something I've never seen before while trying to create a .dmg with Composer.

The software's documentation calls for unzipping a .tgz then dragging the contents into a composer window.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.44.47 PM.png

 Above is the directory of files. When I drag and drop into Composer (the little "7" appears indicating all 7 files are being draagged) but only the .app appears in Composer.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 1.45.07 PM.png

I'm getting this on both my daily work Mac, and in a VM that has it's snapshot refreshed after every packaging job. 

I'd appreciate any ideas.

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

What happens if you drag just one of the non app files into Composer, like the plist or sh files? Does it copy in and create the Composer source? If so, can you then drag the rest of the files into that same source to add them?

jrb
New Contributor III

If I grab a file like the .plist and drag it over, it creates the folder structure but with nothing in it.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 5.52.49 AM.png

 If I then try to drag one of the other files into Composer I get the following error.

"Failed to copy file /usr/bin/ditto -rsrcFork /Users/jbaldwi3/Desktop/InProgress/4scout/Update/Update.sh /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer/Sources/com.forescout.secureconnector.plist/ROOT/Users/jbaldwi3/Desktop/InProgress/4scout/Update/Update.sh from /Users/jbaldwi3/Desktop/InProgress/4scout/Update/Update.sh to /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer/Sources/com.forescout.secureconnector.plist/ROOT/Users/jbaldwi3/Desktop/InProgress/4scout/Update/Update.sh [Command failed with error code (1): '/usr/bin/ditto']"

They do drag and drop to another Finder window without issue.