Unable to set computer site

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

I have a couple computers where I can't set their site. I've tried in the GUI and when I hit Save it shows the site, but refreshing the record shows it went back to "None". I tried also using CURL to send a XML command to set it, and it shows the last inventory update shows less than a minute ago, but site still says "None". Anyone have any other tricks to try? I might re-enroll the devices since there's only a handful of them.

9 REPLIES 9

Phantom5
Contributor II

I'm seeing this here too. Changing sites on a computer is not working. We select the Mac from the inventory, edit the General information, assign a new site from the popup menu, hit Save, you can see the new site assigned but after refreshing the page, the change is gone and the Mac is not assigned to any sites.

bainter
Contributor

@f.deis and @PhillyPhoto what version Jamf Pro are you all running?

falabella_cst
New Contributor II

@bainter for me it's the latest, JAMF Pro v10.17.0-t1572881164.

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

@bainter I'm running 10.17.1-t1574185757 on Jamf Cloud.

Phantom5
Contributor II

Ok, so according to JAMF Support this is a known bug in JAMF Pro at least v10.17.x.

dwshore
New Contributor II

We're running JamfCloud which is version 10.21 and I'm still seeing this. Is there a bug report somewhere I can upvote?

Steven_Xu
Contributor
Contributor
PI-007997 In some instances, the site assigned to an object cannot be changed. Workaround: Delete and recreate the object, and then assign the site.

gtrspctr
New Contributor

@Steven.Xu Sorry - total noob question, but after I delete the computer from Jamf, is there a quick and easy way to re-add it? Or basically just have to re-enroll completely?

Steven_Xu
Contributor
Contributor

@gtrspctr just re-enroll the device.