Unable to Unarchive installer

cbrodsky
New Contributor II

Hello all, first post here.

I am attempting to update student devices from sierra to high sierra (I know we're a bit behind the Mojave update, we're just not ready to make the jump yet). I am accomplishing this process by caching an installer by policy when they are in range of our distribution point and providing a button in Self Service to allow them to install from home.

I have the policy for the button set to install the cached file and it works. On most devices.

I have a hand-full of units that show a message "Unable to Unarchive Installer." I've done a search and it pointed me at a combo update that seemed to be more for updating devices already on High Sierra, I tried it anyway to no avail.

Any idea what to do about this? I'm having to manually contact the students and call them in to force the install.

1 REPLY 1

cbrodsky
New Contributor II

As a follow up I noticed that caching the Installer sometimes has an error that reads "device not configured" or "internet connection offline", it still flags the policy as completed. Could this be causing a false positive for the installer being cached only to find out when we try and install from cached the file isn't actually there?