Unable to Upload DEP Token

claudiogardini
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having issues updating the DEP Token in the JSS. I always get the Error Message "Invalid results returned from Apple Service.

All the Terms and Conditions are accepted, Time on the JAMF Server is correct. Does anybody have i hint to what is going wrong here? Any help appreciated.

4dbfe150610743fb8aebf6946250120e

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

claudiogardini
Contributor

Solved by creating a new Device Manager Account in School Manager. Everything worked fine with the new Account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

claudiogardini
Contributor

Solved by creating a new Device Manager Account in School Manager. Everything worked fine with the new Account.

rcorbin
Contributor II

Just wanted to note we had this same issue as well. And sure enough a new Device Manager account in School Manager worked fine. We didn't have a ton of accounts so we just ended up creating new accounts. I thought I would still talk to Apple support to see if they had heard about this issue, and if they had not I wanted to let them know about it. They had never heard about this issue. They did log it and create a case number. My guess is most institutions that have converted over have not had to create a new token yet so they haven't seen this, as everything else works just fine with those ported over accounts.

claudiogardini
Contributor

Would you be willing to share the Case Number? I have contacted ASM Support as well but they said they haven't heard about the Issue.

rcorbin
Contributor II

The Case ID was : 100436204648
My Advisor was : Tyler
Our solution was to just create new accounts. Since we had a work around Apple didn't seem like they were going to pursue it much further.

rcorbin
Contributor II

New issue this morning. Today we are seeing that most of our existing DEP tokens have been revoked. Or it just can't contact DEP. But any of the tokens that we re-newed last week seem to be fine, but the rest all have an error that says :

“Unable to contact https://mdmenrollment.apple.com to get the list of devices”

Would the URL in the old token have changed ? The tokens were not anywhere near expiring.

The work around it seems would be to go through and renew every one of these tokens. But at the same time it seems odd that they don’t tell you about this.

Other possibility is that because we recreated new device manager accounts are tokens that are created by a deactivated account now not able to communicate ? I'm going to re-activate an account to try and test that.

rcorbin
Contributor II

I've confirmed that if you de-activate an account that DEP tokens where created on you will then get an error in Jamf of :

“Unable to contact https://mdmenrollment.apple.com to get the list of devices”

If you re-activate that account in ASM and then do a refresh in Jamf on that DEP instance it will start working again.

Very odd as I would have thought the token was more for the institution and not the creator of the token.

Reido
New Contributor II

Deactivating and re-activating my account fixed it for us as well! I was getting the "Invalid results returned from Apple Services" error as well. Just wanted to let people know this is still sometimes and issue and that still fixes it!