Uninstall Creative Cloud 2019 apps

jkaigler
Contributor II

Is there a tool to uninstall CC 2019 Suite? We used to be able to make an uninstaller with CC packager for 2018 and older, but I have not see anything in the admin console for uninstalling.

9 REPLIES 9

iRyan23
New Contributor III

When I look in the Build folder of the download I got after creating my CC 2019 package, it includes an Uninstall.pkg file. Have you tried this?

neilmartin83
Contributor II

You can also uninstall the 2019 Adobe CC apps via the command line, as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/deploying-packages.html#Uninstallproductsusingcomman...

jkaigler
Contributor II

I also contacted Adobe, they said I could still use CC packager to create an uninstall package for 2019. I'll try that.

deramirez
New Contributor III

Did you guys manage to find a solution for this?

We had a script which still runs, but will not uninstall anything unless the file is run locally in the computer.

jkaigler
Contributor II

The uninstall package from CC packager worked removing most apps.

smcmjeff
New Contributor III

We are an Enterprise customer, so not sure if this will be helpful or not.

We are getting ready to move from Enterprise Serial # installations to "Named User" and "Shared Device" Licenses. In addition to having to remove the previous version, we will need to remove the serialization. In order to remove the applications, Adobe allows you to create an uninstaller program. Here is the Link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/create-uninstall-package.html

Adobe also provides a similar method for creating a program that will either serialize, or remove serialization
https://helpx.adobe.com/mt/enterprise/package/help/device-based-licenses1.html

I ended up creating Composer packages for both programs with a postInstall script that runs the following command after the package runs and unpacks the files:

cd /Users/Shared/Remove_cc
sudo ./AdobeCCUninstaller

to remove serialization:

/Users/Shared/Remove_serial/RemoveVolumeSerial

This worked, except it did not remove Adobe Acrobat. I had to make a separate script that removed Acrobat:

/Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/Helpers/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices/com.adobe.Acrobat.RemoverTool Uninstall /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app

I put all of these together in one policy and it seems to be working. I have something similar for our Windows computers that we push with KACE.
Hope this is helpful to someone.

Ram
New Contributor II

@smcmjeff We have enterprise where users have different adobe products installed . Now with 2019 adobe as we have to move to named user license could you suggest me some steps to deploy the new application . I have to uninstall the 2017 version and install the 2019 from Jamf . File size is minimum 1 GB for each product . is there any script to cache and install please suggest .. I'm new to Jamf

smcmjeff
New Contributor III

@Ram I may not be the best person to ask. I have been using JAMF for a couple of years now and still consider myself a novice. Luckily, there are all of these really advanced JAMF users and Mac admins who are willing to share their knowledge. Here are the various methods I have used to deploy Creative Cloud packages in the past. I will probably begin creating the new packages with the "Shared Device" and "Named user" licensing in the next couple of weeks.
Over the summer we replaced one of our Mac labs on campus (25 iMacs). We have gig to the desktop and I needed to install the full Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 suite. I built the package in Creative Cloud Packager and it was 15.6 GB. We use JAMF Pro, so I uploaded it to our Cloud distribution point. Once it uploaded, I just created a policy, added the package, and scoped it to my smart group. In the "Packages" configuration screen, I just left the "Action" setting to "Install", but you could certainly try the option of "Install Cached". I have not tried this, so maybe someone else could provide some insight. It seems like it would be the logical choice for large packages. I am going to do some testing with this option with the new 2019 Adobe Packages.

I have also split up packages, making individual packages for specific apps. I probably have 20 different policies that are scoped to individual computers, or groups of computers (Some for automatic installs, some for Self Service). Most of the individual packages I have made, vary in size from 1 GB to a little over 2 GB. I haven't had many issues deploying the policies, or with users running the policies in Self Service. When we first started with JAMF a few years back, I did have some trouble getting larger packages onto the Cloud Distribution point. Those issues seem to have been resolved for the most part.

Ram
New Contributor II

@smcmjeff thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with me ... It was very much helpful to me being beginner with Jamf ..