We are new to Casper (Jumpstart last month and we have been recon'ing machines for the last week). We have our "Update inventory" policy set to run daily. We are getting about a 5% failure rate, and I am trying to figure out why.... The machines are on and connected to the network. Anyone else have this issue? I have attached a screenshot of policy execution log.
We have also randomly had a couple of issues with getting some policies to run on newly recon'ed machines, that requires multiple restarts and/or removal and re-recon'ing. It hasn't happened enough to worry us, but we would like to shore up any issues we might be having before we go live with our one-to-one in August. Any info for Casper newbies would be greatly appreciated.
I'm seeing this *way* more often in Casper 9 than I did in Casper 8. And the most annoying thing is that Casper 9 has been changed so that instead of failing silently (like Casper 8 did), it sends an email. So every morning, I have dozens and dozens of emails in my inbox of these errors. I've set up a filter finally to shunt them all to a mailbox, but it's mega-annoying. There is a feature request to ask JAMF to provide more granularity in setting which policy failures get emailed.
Same here. If we upgrade existing, enrolled machines via self-service to Mavericks 10.9.4, the inventory is not updated and even hours after a successful upgrade, JSS reports the device is running 10.8.4. Highly frustrating, especially if you have other policies that want to execute if OS X 10.9.4 is installed. No real answer yet from the support..