Updated APN now none of my iOS devices are connecting

mrshultz
New Contributor

Updated APN now none of my iOS devices are connecting to the JSS, I get this following error in the inventory under management. "The JSS has received a feedback error from the APNs server". The only way I have found to fix it is to manually remove all profiles from the device and re-enroll, PLEASE tell me someone knows of another way to resolve this???

4 REPLIES 4

Kgaribaldi
New Contributor

I had the same problem and Jamf support was awesome in helping me. You are experiencing this issue because when you originally setup your JSS installation, you used a specific apple ID to create your certificate. When it came time to renew, you inadvertently used a different account and created a brand new certificate.

It is IMPERATIVE you use the same Apple ID and RENEW your certificate rather than creating a new one.

It's super easy to fix - just find the apple ID you used to originally create the certificate. Go to "settings" then "Global Management Framework Settings" in JSS. Follow the steps again for "Push Notification Certificate" and this time when you login to the original Apple ID account you used, choose to renew the certificate and upload that one back to JSS. The problem will go away instantly.

Hope that helps!

seanhansell
Contributor

What do you do if you no longer have access to the Apple ID that was used to create the Push Cert?

- Sean

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Hi @seanhansell

If you can't renew your APNS cert, I'm afraid you'll have to create a new one.

Once added, I believe you'll need to re-enroll all your client devices with the new APNS cert. With OS X you can push out a jamf manage. With iOS you'd have to manually unenroll and reenroll.

Thats my understanding. If you control the email domain for the Apple ID, you could put a divert on the email address used for the cert and reset the password to get access.

Hope that helps!

Darren

seanhansell
Contributor

Thankfully its only OS X machines. jamf manage makes things easy. Thanks!

- Sean