Upgrading Backblaze software

bmcdade
Contributor

So we have used the mass deployment of Backblaze for the users, however now that software is getting out of date and there are updates. Though we want to silently also hit machines with updates too. I haven't been able to find anything about doing this and so far in my tests using the bzdoinstall -nogui doesn't seem to update the software. Do we have to script it like we did with the silent install for further updates? Anyone else keeping their fleet updated with the latest version of the software?

3 REPLIES 3

rgranholm
Contributor

Did you ever find a fix for this? I've tried a series of commands from their guide but they don't work

bmcdade
Contributor

Actually I'm currently doing this with a shell script that downloads the latest installer and upgrades it.  As long as the users has installed the software it seems to be working fine.  I can kick. you over the shell script i'm using.  I don't think I caught all the errors and pushing to 1/2 the fleet which are running 7.x to bring it upto the latest version of 8.x.

ten35tech
New Contributor

Is there an official solution for this? I have a number of users with Safety Freezes, and the newer versions have supposedly improved handling of this, but it's a massive hassle to upgrade folks when most of my users are remote.