User can't login in JAMF iOS Self Service

csit
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

today I came across an error where the user can't login in the SelfService anymore. The authentication in the MacOS SelfService does work.

It is strange to see that the logs mentioned further down are basically saying that the login successfully failed.

We tested the LDAP connection without any error.   

JAMF Pro Version: 10.43.1-t1674743888

SelfService Version: 11.1.0

JSSAccess.log:

username=xxxxxx, status=Successful Login, ipAddress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, entryPoint=Casper Suite Application

JAMFSoftwareServer.log:

[ERROR] [Thread-2 ] [lientCommunicationServlet] - Error processing communication content - com.jamfsoftware.jss.exceptions.authentication.AuthenticationException: An authentication error has occurred.

I hope someone can help.

Kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

csit
New Contributor

JAMF released version 1.11.1 of the Self Service in the Apple AppStore.

The login does now work again. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mstydel
Contributor

We are seeing this same issue suddenly with the same results in the logs.  Are you using the iOS app or the webclip?  We are on the app.  Our app updates automatically so our devices are running the 11.1.0 version that came out on 2/1/23, but we also updated our Jamf server last night to 10.43.1.  I believe our students have used Self Service since the app update on 2/1 so I'm thinking 10.43.1 is what broke it.  I am going to open a support ticket to make them aware, I don't see it listed yet in the known issues.  Might not be a bad idea for you to open one as well if you haven't yet.

JoshRouthier
Contributor

We are seeing the same issue. Our users are using the app, and our app version v11.1.0 as well. We're using Jamf Cloud, and were updated this past week (Feb 3/4), but this didnt come to light until yesterday. We've opened a ticket with support, but havent heard back yet.

Received the Product Issue this is being filed under from Jamf Support this afternoon. PI110959

johnstone
New Contributor III

Any updates on this?

csit
New Contributor

JAMF released version 1.11.1 of the Self Service in the Apple AppStore.

The login does now work again. 

JoshRouthier
Contributor

I can confirm this is indeed working again.