User forgot to install MDM profile

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

Hi,

One of my users followed the link in an Enrollment Invitation email.
Unfortunately he only installed the CA profile and then quited the browser.
When he now follows the same enrollment link to install the MDM profile he gets this error:

bd052443129f44598aea6052d3b2211a

Deleting the CA profile and do everything again doesn't help. Rebooting doesn't help.
When I search Jamf Pro by serial number I cannot find his Mac.

What can I do to enrol this machine successfully besides clean install his Mac ;)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

I eventually created a QuickAdd package using recon and that did the trick..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jesus_Alvarez
New Contributor II

Hello,

Have you tried removing Jamf and starting over on that Mac? We've run into this in the past and it's usually the only way to get it installed properly.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/153/removing-jamf-components-from-computers

Hope it helps!

Jesus

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

Hi Jesus,

When I try to remove Jamf by doing:

"sudo jamf -removeFramework"

I get a:

"sudo: jamf: command not found"

:(

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@arjanhuis Check for a record under Mobile Devices. I doubt there will be since it hasn't technically enrolled yet but it's worth checking. Other than that you could remove the CA cert profile then check the user and system keychain for any left behind jamf certs, reboot the machine and try again.

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

I already tried the thing that it could show up in the mobile device section but that is not the case (we only have computers at the moment so it would pop-out if it would have ;)).

Do you know what certs i should look for? On a succesful enrolled Mac i see the CA certificate in the System keychain.
Is that it?

jorourke
New Contributor II

@arjanhuis I believe its sudo jamf removeFramework that dash could be throwing things off.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Anything with JSS in the title would belong to jamf PRO. You could also try removing the apsd.leychain file in your system library keychains folder. The removal helps with DEP enrollment failures but it's worth a shot.

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

@jorourke Thanks for the tip but unfortunately that didn't work
@mainelysteve Nothing in the keychain about jss :( Will try the apsd.keychain but it is a long shot i guess..

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

I eventually created a QuickAdd package using recon and that did the trick..