User laptop has my Chrome info on it

tcarlson
New Contributor III

Not sure if this is an apple, chrome or JAMF deployment issue. I basically do all the jamf things in our district. A teacher just requested a new laptop because she had dropped her old one. I have a spare laptop that I literally just wiped and reenrolled. I made an account for the teacher logged in and to speed up the process I manually downloaded Chrome from the Chrome website. WHen I opened up chrome my work and personal account were listed as available users. Also, all my bookmarks were present and and you could see my history from before march 31st. I had logged into this computer before but i formatted the drive last night and reinstalled the OS. Not sure if there is anyway info is linked from a launched package or config profile. Seems weird.

3 REPLIES 3

shaquir
Contributor III

Hi @tcarlson ,
What version of macOS? If you are on Catalina, did you erase the container disk?

In Chrome can go to chrome://version/ and report what the Profile Path is

tcarlson
New Contributor III

No, it was Mojave, I already removed my chrome accounts on that laptop and swapped out with broken one. I have another laptop i'm going to try to recreate again and see if it happens.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I've seen these sorts of things in the past. In my experience, it was always something in a .dmg that I captured for deployment. (FEU type issues). So, keep an eye out for some other policy that might be deploying that. Or anything that you still might be trying to modify the user template with.