User Smart Group showing Computers Assigned

sanbornc
New Contributor III

Hello!
Id like to create a Smart USER Group for Users with no Computers assigned to them. Or it can go the other way, Users WITH computers assigned to them. Any ideas how to do it?
747312e069814b5682acaaeb0398502d

3 REPLIES 3

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@sanbornc If you are wanting to just find all computers that aren't assigned to anyone.. You could just set the Criteria with a "Username" is blank..

If you are wanting to check for specific users.. That may have to be a custom API script as an EA to set the variable of the current logged-in user, then read the username field and match against the variable of the current logged-in user.

Just throwing out ideas

sanbornc
New Contributor III

Thanks @JustDeWon Im trying to find all USERS not computers, that are not assigned to someone. The end result here is to create a report of all the employees in our organization that don't have computers assigned to them. I have imported our company wide employee roster into JAMF and assigned employees to their computers. I just need a report of the employee's who dont have any computers assigned to them yet. In Users, it lists if a Computer is assigned to a user, I just a report that says this. I was going to make s Smart Group for this, then make it s Dashboard, but maybe there is a better way to do it?

echave
New Contributor III

I too am looking for this. I see no way to make a Smart Group, as the number of computer/devices assigned doesn't seem to be linked to any of the criteria (advanced or not) offered.