User Temp

j99mac
Contributor

I am working on creating a user setting and adding them to User Templets. I am working with 10.8.2 when I add the finder.plist that has disable fast user switching and then test login in I find fast user switching to not disabled. How can I make sure my User Templet has user fast user switching disabled

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

That setting isn't stored in the Finder.plist, pretty sure. Its in the root /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist. At least in our setup that's where we set disabling Fast User Switching.

Look in that file using the defaults command from Terminal to see if a setting called "MultipleSessionEnabled" shows up. Should be set to a value of 1 for disabled.

defaults read /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences

Also look at Managed Preferences in your JSS. If its enabled and you're using them, there's a template for it you can just add in, set your value (1 for example), and apply to all your managed clients.

View solution in original post

j99mac
Contributor

After I created my user templet and have all setting in the user/templets folder I loged in as a test user and the user/templet setting do not show up and the last time I tested I had a blank user folder. What is the trick to get user/templet work in mountain lion? I am looking to set finder, sidebar and dock as well as a few other settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

That setting isn't stored in the Finder.plist, pretty sure. Its in the root /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist. At least in our setup that's where we set disabling Fast User Switching.

Look in that file using the defaults command from Terminal to see if a setting called "MultipleSessionEnabled" shows up. Should be set to a value of 1 for disabled.

defaults read /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences

Also look at Managed Preferences in your JSS. If its enabled and you're using them, there's a template for it you can just add in, set your value (1 for example), and apply to all your managed clients.

j99mac
Contributor

Thanks this is very helpful

j99mac
Contributor

After I created my user templet and have all setting in the user/templets folder I loged in as a test user and the user/templet setting do not show up and the last time I tested I had a blank user folder. What is the trick to get user/templet work in mountain lion? I am looking to set finder, sidebar and dock as well as a few other settings.