VPP app licenses not applying to devices

kj2019
New Contributor II

I've had an issue crop up today where devices (specifically iOS devices) are not getting VPP licenses assigned to them when an app is in scope. I've confirmed we have thousands of extra licenses available but each device is stuck in this state:

Pending - All licenses are in use or the license is not assigned yet

When checking the Volume Purchasing logs this message is repeated endlessly:

[ERROR] [ralPool-309] [VppCommService ] - Error managing licenses. ErrorNumber: 9600 , ErrorMessage:Either an associate or a disassociate array is required.

I've got a ticket in with Jamf, but I'm a newer Jamf administrator and wasn't sure if this is a Jamf/Apple problem or something I might be able to fix.

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kj2019
New Contributor II

I managed to find a fix for this in another thread. Somehow an iPhone got enrolled into Jamf without a serial number, and that managed to break VPP for the entire instance. Once I deleted the problem device, VPP started assigning licenses again within 10 minutes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kj2019
New Contributor II

I managed to find a fix for this in another thread. Somehow an iPhone got enrolled into Jamf without a serial number, and that managed to break VPP for the entire instance. Once I deleted the problem device, VPP started assigning licenses again within 10 minutes.

View solution in original post