VPP apps not populating Mobile Devices Apps list

JB90
New Contributor

I have purchased several new apps with the VPP yesterday. They are showing up under the VPP account in global management, but they are not showing up in the app list for our mobile devices. We have not had a problem with this until today, the previous 270 apps worked fine. The option on the VPP account to "Populate Purchased VPP Content" is checked so it should populate automatically. I was able to get one of the apps to show up by adding the app manually from the mobile device apps page in the JSS, but I am hoping that I don't have to do that for all of the apps. Has anyone seen this issue before or have something for me to try? Thank you for any help you can offer.

5 REPLIES 5

lehmanp00
Contributor III

We have multiple VPP accounts and if 1 VPP account had already purchased an app and has it in the App Catalog, then other VPP accounts purchases of the same app will not be populated. You need to manually create it.

JB90
New Contributor

We only have one VPP account so that shouldn't be the issue. I wish we had more accounts instead of just one, but we didn't know better early on so now we are stuck.

RLR
Valued Contributor

Edit: Ignore this post. I just re-read what you wrote.

iOSGenius
New Contributor III

I used multiple VPP account and works best but if you are using just one, make sure if the apps are duplicated for other groups you would need to rename them differently.

example i have brain pop jr so i have them listed as multiples and have them renamed so they can work in the JSS with either 1 or 2 and more VPP accounts.

Brain pop jr - #5 - 700 - 20MB
Brain pop jr - #6 - 700 - 20MB

Just adding or removing a character and works great for me, though it is alot of apps in my entries are 500 plus in which with 7 VPP Accounts.

Dan
iOSGenius.com

JB90
New Contributor

These were unique apps that we have never purchased before so I should not have any duplicates.