VPP Code redeemed through self service but did not install app on iPad

DeanaE
New Contributor

Our highschool purchased 125 license codes for Splashtop through the VPP. The app did not install on some of the iPads but the JSS shows the code as redeemed. How can we get this app installed on the iPads?

5 REPLIES 5

MikeV-Holden
New Contributor

I had the same thing happen on a several iPads. Since they were all using the same Apple ID, I was able to open up the App Store and find the app in the Purchased tab and install it from there.

Townsend
New Contributor

A user redeemed a Self .Service prepaid app today. Casper reports that the code was installed but the iPad is not showing the App, An attempt to redo the Self Service install says the code has already been used. The purchased apps area of the Apple ID account is not showing the App.

Casper version 8.61

Update as of 11/30/12 - THIS problem is resolved. Casper delivered the App to the iPad, but it was installed using the owners personal account instead of the district Apple ID assigned to the iPad. This is why I could not reinstall from Purchased Apps. Casper is correctly reporting that the App was delivered.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

We saw this in testing going back a few versions, it's a shame it seems to still be a problem. It's why I don't push apps, I send codes to users (but our volume is small).

I believe the answer I got from JAMF when I had this issue was to reload the spreadsheet but I assume you lose the data that tells you which app was redeemed. Maybe just try uploading that code again? I'm sure someone else here has ran into this and will be of more help.

AndyBeaver
Contributor II

Are you deploying the app as managed?

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

Reloading the VPP spreadsheet does not fix the issue.