web browser default settings

Krytos
New Contributor III

I was messing with some MCX settings for setting the homepage/start settings for chrome, firefox and safari.

But I wasnt able to get it to work correctly.....so I went with plan 2.

Create a DMG package via composer with the settings I wanted -- This worked 99% of the way. however Now I'm getting key chain issues @ login, as well as every time I start any of the browsers.....this is worse than having htem set to the defaults imo.

Did I miss something when creating these packages? Any one have any insight for me with this process?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

Hi @Krytos Did you check permissions for the app prior to dmg build?, also are you using fet/fut. i have used this method for the past 4 yrs with no issue. I reset Firefox to make sure none of my info was present, added settings including bookmarks to our sites, built dmg. Lastly what version of JSS are you using

Larry

Krytos
New Contributor III

@LSinNY

I did use fet and fut -- but I didnt do anything to change permissions. what should they be set to?

Chrome had A LOT of files in its package -- where the others didnt.

we're on JSS 9.91 I believe

Krytos
New Contributor III

oh, I should also note that the package im trying to create is not a full install of chrome and settings -- chrome is already installed, so im trying to simply create the package of the homepage/first run options.

Maybe thats where Im going wrong?

Krytos
New Contributor III

I double checked all my packages, and cant find any that are changing the keychain stuff -- but I found this old post from @Look

"I fixed an issue with new user Keychains simply by adding the empty folder:
/System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Keychains"

This fixed my issue so i'll leave it at that!
thanks,
k