Web clips on Jamf Pro

DanVT
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am struggling with WebClips. I had no issue getting Webclips to work for Self Service, but I am now trying to push them to our fleet of Shared iOS devices.  I have built out a WebClip Profile with the URL.  I also added com.apple.webapp (and com.apple.webapp.managed) to Only Some Apps Allowed within our App Restrictions policy.  I then added the webclip to the Home Screen Layout and scoped all of this to a department.  All my other apps are installing fine, but the Webclips don't appear at all.  What could I be doing wrong here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

4 REPLIES 4

alexmac02
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, 

Within your webclip configuration profile, can you double check that the 'Distribution Method' in the 'Webclip' submenu is toggled to 'automatically install' ?

DanVT
New Contributor III

Thanks for replying!  The option to Install Automatically is checked.  If I look at History for my device, the logs do tell me that the Webclip is completing the install, but just not displaying on the home screen.  

alexmac02
New Contributor II

Interesting....To me, that behavior of the webclip installing but not visible on the home screen, sounds like a restriction is hiding it.  You mentioned you have an "App Restriction policy".  Are you blocking Safari?  If so, you may just need to modify that Safari restriction option to "Only allow some sites" and safelist whatever sites you're trying to add webclips.  Otherwise, I'd review what restrictions are in place that could be causing an issue.

DanVT
New Contributor III

To close this one up.  The key piece was adding com.apple.webapp to the Allowed apps list.  I did have to wipe and re-enroll the device.  For whatever reason, the device did not want to push the settings to the already enrolled device.  Once I wiped and re-enrolled, I then saw the WebClips on the home screen.