What's your JamfNation number?? - totally pointless thread

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

There are many familiar names active daily on the forum, and it got me thinking about how big things have gotten. I realized my user profile seems to indicate sequentlial order i.e. my profile page is at https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/users/5210/easyedc indicating after about 9 months of existence, a nice, steady growth. FF to today, and it appears there's 60,000+ users?! I think that's pretty cool.

67 REPLIES 67

dpalmer_autoeve
New Contributor III

23260 Setup: May 2015

boberito
Valued Contributor

6788 - joined Oct 31, 2012

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

1232 - joined Nov 11, 2011

I'm sure that's just when they got to the "W"s to import into the site from the mailing list... ah, the good ole days...

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

1021...Nov 09, 2011.

@rbean check your URL once you get to you Jamf Nation profile page.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

BrentSlater
Release Candidate Programs Tester

17062, July 7, 2014

Certainly seems to have grown quite a bit since then

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

number 5074 , joined on 6 Jul 2012

kuypers
New Contributor III

1666 Jan 2012

thejenbot
Contributor III

32117 - Joined March 1, 2016.
I see someone earlier joined just a month or so after me, and the average of 30+ users a day is holding up.

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

3492 - Joined April 2012

I think I did our jumpstart in September or October of 2011, so I was a little behind on jumping on the Jamf Nation mailing list train at the time.

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Anyone remember the mailing list that preceded this forum? I still have an archive of it in my Gmail. Well, it goes back to 06/09/2009, when I joined the mailing list, which was started some time in 2007.

rbean
New Contributor III

@donmontalvo DOH! I didn't even think of that!

26422 - Aug 27, 2015

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

2809 - Feb 29th 2012... seriously, Feb 29th! I started on a leap day!

PeterG
Contributor II

Was part if the mailing list import.

Brad_G
Contributor II

1088, joined Nov 09, 2011

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

russeller
Contributor III

Nov 9 2011

Jamison_Schmidt
New Contributor
New Contributor

March 2014

sbrennan
New Contributor III

Just to keep this most important thread on the top of the list. =]

Jul 12, 2016

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

iJake
Valued Contributor

3127 - Mar 13, 2012

Back when the jamf console was VERY green :)

mrshultz
New Contributor

1450 Dec 15, 2011

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Number 1231 on 11-11-2011

Now if I could just determine how many millisecond that was before @stevewood signed up...

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

AS the OP, this has been a fun "discussion" to follow. Seeing some people point out things that I'd sort of forgotten about (ex. how green my JSS used to be) has been a great blast from the past. Sort of the "back in my day, my JSS was X" it seems we get from the more senior members of the 'Nation. For the life of me, I think I was aware of the old mailing list, but the JSS wasn't my primary role at the time, so I wasn't on it. Digging through the back recesses of my mind, I think we were just doing our early testing with a trial of JAMF 6 and maybe JAMF 7 had just come out? Alas, I could have joined the cool kids club with a 1xxx member number. Coulda, Should, Woulda...

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Heh. I still kinda sorta remember what the old JSS version 7.x used to look like, and if I recall, very early 8.x versions.
When you clicked on a Mac record, instead of the details being in a neat column on the left to click on and the main section loading that data, everything was a separate icon in a grid. So General, User & Location, etc. all had their own icons right in the middle of the web page that you clicked on and it would load that information, I think, replacing the current contents, though I might be remembering that part incorrectly.

And yes, it was all very "green" back then. Boy, how far the UI has come since those days. :)

nsdjoe
Contributor II

3,556 Joined Apr 10, 2012

Yes, I remember the very very green JSS... much better now!

~Joe

namesaregone
New Contributor II

3841 Joined April 27, 2012

sdunbar
Contributor

56234 - Jan this year

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

I guess Jamf decided to break my discussion.  Looks like with the new Community user ID's are very randomized?  I'm now number 69268.  Definitely not in sequential order anymore.