Where do you download the Jamf Admin tools from now?

swapple
Contributor III

Where do we find the download link for the Jamf Pro admin tools?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cplatt
New Contributor

Tools can still be downloaded from https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro/download, make sure to choose "Download for Jamf Pro Apps" in the drop down under the Download button.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Santosh
New Contributor III

jcaleshire
New Contributor III

This got me too at one point. I found that they were built into the server installer for macOS. Downloading the Jamf Pro installer for Mac includes the admin tools in the same DMG.

kf
New Contributor

Why is this so hidden?  Why is there still not an update function to just get updated tools to not have to download a 400 MB package across slow links on each minor update?

Agreed, weird way to go about it. 

FLYERALARM
New Contributor

Now it just leads to a 503 Service Unavailable Page

Did they move it to another place?

Update: Nevermind, the service was actually down. Now its available again

bearzooka
Contributor

What will happen with them when there's no more Mac installer available (March 2022)?

jcaleshire
New Contributor III

Unknown at this time. All I can say for certain is that the server tools will continue existing in some form, since they are required for administrating the server component (at least, they are currently). When/if they do away with the tools entirely, we will likely receive a notification well in advance that the administration process is changing.

rkilburn
New Contributor II

The Mac option is no longer there, but now there's a "Download for Jamf Pro Apps" which will download an installer for the Mac admin apps.  Took me a while to find...

abbasr
New Contributor

I can't find it, this is to complicated.. why???

olajide
New Contributor

It seems to be deprecated...😓

cplatt
New Contributor

Tools can still be downloaded from https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro/download, make sure to choose "Download for Jamf Pro Apps" in the drop down under the Download button.

rsantos
New Contributor II

feeling dumb because I just downloaded for 10.44.1... where's Recon?  All I see is Composer and Jamf Admin.  it's been a while since I've had to do this... did I miss a memo?

rsantos_0-1678914539091.png

jcaleshire
New Contributor III

Jamf no longer updates or distributes Recon, and it was removed from the software package in version 10.43. It looks like they're getting rid of their client apps, since they also announced that Jamf Admin has also been deprecated and is to be removed later this year.

rsantos
New Contributor II

thanks jcaleshire - sounds like I did miss the memo!
I wonder how I'll make a quickadd.pkg now...