Wifi and Configuration Profiles auto-join

malonso
New Contributor II

So I have a provisioning sequence that happens to all mac enrolled via DEP. The issue is once the configuration profiles that installs the WiFi 802.1X certificate is also set to auto-join and it breaks the continuation of the installation of the reset of the applications. I was wondering if any one has any suggestion that could assist me. I need to auto-join at some point to the WiFi network. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Key1
New Contributor III

Yup i've run into a similar issue especially on device we are re-enrolling that have existing JAMF computer records. JAMF is applying configuration profiles based on the old inventory data of the device, so even though i have the 802.1X profile scoped to smart group so it doesn't occur during enrolment it still gets applied. The funny thing is we don't see this is a more heavily loaded JAMF instance due to the performance of the platform.

Key1
New Contributor III

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/9840/802-1x-auto-join-profiles-break-jamf-enrolment-process

Key1
New Contributor III

I found a workflow that works! extension attributes can be cleared at re-enrolment, i excluded all devices which had the specific attribute as blank. This bought enough time for that first recon to run and the correct scoping to apply!

krcbi2022
New Contributor

Hello @Key1, I know this is a very old post but I'm curious what you ended up using for a workflow to get around this issue.  We are seeing the same issue when our wifi profile is applied while enrollment and breaks delivery of jamf binary and self service etc.

Key1
New Contributor III

I believe it was just as simple setting the re-enrollment setting to clear ext attributes and then if a ext attribute i know is never blank is blank excluded it from the profile this allows the first recon to run first before devices become in scope of the profile.