Write access to /Downloads folder

Jason33
Contributor III

Hoping someone can help me out with this - I need to drop a file in ~/Downloads when deploying software during our automated enrollment. We use Slack for internal messaging, and there is a preconfigured Slack token that will populate our Workspace URL - in order for Slack to read this file, it has to be in the ~/Downloads folder. I've set up a config profile, and given Slack access to the folder, and created one as well for com.jamf.management.Jamf to have access to the folder. It doesnt look like I have the profile for Jamf set up correctly - I can watch the Console logs and see that the package is being deployed, however, its never written to the folder. If I manually place the file there, then open Slack, it reads the token and launches the app appropriately. Any ideas on where I went wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jason33
Contributor III

I'm such a newb...DMG with FEU did the trick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jason33
Contributor III

I'm such a newb...DMG with FEU did the trick

diso47
New Contributor

Hi, I am just starting out with Jamf. We are trying to set up so that enrolled computers automatically open the company workspace in Slack via Jamf. I have the slack token. But I am confused about the DMG part, what should it include? Can you please provide some basic steps on how to set this up in Jamf? @Jason33