Wrong Tables and strange Patch Management behavior after update from 10.8 to 10.11.1 (with incremental steps)

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi jamf nation,

Hopefully anyone know that problem.
I have updated our jamf pro on-prem from 10.8 to 10.11.1 today.
For sure, I did the incremental update steps provided by jamf. (update db to InnoDB, upgrading to 10.10 and after that to 10.11.1)

Now tables are not correct anymore:
9e8deb61d2b743538acecd5c0823c8fc

But if i take a look into the details of a host it is correct:
31807c36594348619997241cbca81999
Also the OS entries are correct.

Does anybody has this problem too?

Also when upgrading Software via Patch Management, it gets stuck after one update done.
All I can see in the local log is that one policy is finished, but the next one never starts: (unless I restart Self Service)

Tue Apr 23 15:59:00 hostname jamf[27059]: Checking for patch ID 26
Tue Apr 23 15:59:00 hostname jamf[27059]: Executing Patch Policy Microsoft PowerPoint
Tue Apr 23 15:59:19 hostname jamf[27059]: Verifying package integrity...
Tue Apr 23 15:59:23 hostname jamf[27059]: Installing Microsoft_PowerPoint_16.16.19041201_Updater...
Tue Apr 23 16:00:28 hostname jamf[27059]: installer: Package name is Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: The upgrade was successful.
Tue Apr 23 16:00:28 hostname jamf[27059]: Successfully unmounted share jamf
Tue Apr 23 16:01:38 hostname jamf[27059]: Removing existing launchd task /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.task.bgrecon.plist...

Thanks for your help everyone.

BR
Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jconte
Contributor II

The one thing different between our 2 mac's were that I was using Operating System in my display and she was using OS Version every column after that was off for me. Once I switched from Operating System to Operating System Version everything went back to normal.

We are also on-prem and it happened after our upgrade from 10.9 to 10.11.1.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jconte
Contributor II

I had the same problem and I asked a colleague of mine to see if the same thing happened for her, she didn't have the issue. I had to go into my inventory display and edit it to remove from the first column that was inaccurate, then it worked.

jconte
Contributor II

The one thing different between our 2 mac's were that I was using Operating System in my display and she was using OS Version every column after that was off for me. Once I switched from Operating System to Operating System Version everything went back to normal.

We are also on-prem and it happened after our upgrade from 10.9 to 10.11.1.

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi @jconte,

Amazing, you are right. Changed from OS to OS Version and now the columns after that are correct.
Quite strange, jamf should take a look at that :)

Do you also use Patch Management? Maybe you have the same in that case?

Thank you. BR
Daniel

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi all,

push

Does anybody also have the Patch Management Problem I'm facing?
One package is installed, but after that the update get stuck.

Thanks
BR
Daniel

remyb
Contributor

I'm facing the same patch management issue

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi @remyb,

I already opened a support case with Jamf Support. I will update this thread when i got a solution.

BR
Daniel

lee_smith
Contributor

@jconte

Thank you. We just upgraded yesterday from 10.9 to 10.11. I noticed the incorrect views in the tables. I changed the OS to OS Version and it worked.

I have not yet noticed the patch management issue. I will look more into it this week.

kdean
New Contributor III

Since 10.8 Patch Management is not updating the tables correctly... I am looking at a machine in front of me right now, it has Chrome 73.x.x.x but Patch Management still says it has 69.x.x.x installed, I know this is impossible because I have a policy that goes out and checks everyones Google Chrome, if it is not on the newest it will start the download and after the browser is reopened it is fully updated. It makes no sense to me I even restarted machine and ran sudo jamf policy and sudo jamf recon but it did not update Patch Management. Does it just take some time to sync with our Cloud Distribution point? We do not have Jamf instance on Prem.

JoshRouthier
Contributor

@dpratl I noticed this a few weeks ago, and after opening a ticket with Jamf support, I got the following product issue for Patch Policies stalling, PI-006961.

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi @JoshRouthier,

Thank you for the information. Jamf Support contacted me today and told me there is already a PI (PI-006961). They added me to this.

I will update this thread as soon as the is solved.

BR
Daniel