Updating the Plan and PPPC

lehmanp00
Contributor III

JAMF just added 2 new insights to Protect. If I read the docs correctly, I have to go into our existing plan, check them to be active and then save the plan. 

Does that mean I have to push out the new profile to all the devices? Or does the updated plan auto-update? 

We use JAMF School, is it better to make a brand new profile or can I "Replace Profile" file with the new on in the existing profile?

PPPC Question: that is in the profile but I notice that it is IN the list for Full Disk Access but NOT checkmarked on devices. Is that an issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

You do have to update the plan to add the additional insights, however, you do not need to push out a new profile to the devices. You only need to make the change there on the Jamf Protect side.

For PPPC, as long as you have the profile in place, you should be good. Typically PPPC settings enforced via profile do not reflect in the System Preferences GUI

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

You do have to update the plan to add the additional insights, however, you do not need to push out a new profile to the devices. You only need to make the change there on the Jamf Protect side.

For PPPC, as long as you have the profile in place, you should be good. Typically PPPC settings enforced via profile do not reflect in the System Preferences GUI