Jamf Content Filter Solution for 3 Devices

danoakley
New Contributor

Hi Jamf community,

I'm looking for a Jamf content filtering solution that will work on just a handful of iOS and Mac devices - currently 3.

Jamf protect looks perfect for this but has a 25 user of 50 device minimum and can only be deployed through Jamf Pro which has similar minimums. Jamf Safe Internet looks great too and can be purchased per device but I don't think this can be deployed through Jamf Now.

Is it possible for an individual/family to use Jamf School and apply Jamf Safe Internet? Are there any other solutions that you know of?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

danoakley
New Contributor

If anyone knows of other content filters that don't have device minimums and can be purchased individually it will be very helpful too.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Pretty much all device management, especially the more robust stuff is firmly targeted at Education and Enterprise. For the family space Apple, really wants to use parental controls (which are garbage IMO), with a few basic MDMs like Jamf Now targeting this space.

Jamf Safe Internet requires Jamf Trust, in addition to Jamf Pro/School. Content Filter's also require Device Supervision, which requires Apple Business or School Manager. 

There are many tools that have Content Filters, Forcepoint One Endpoint, Netskope, and Zscaler to name three. However, they are all edu/enterprise focused, and licensed as such with nothing targeting the personal space as there is just not money in the consumer space for these products. 

danoakley
New Contributor

Yes this has definitely been what I've found since trying to find solutions. Everything targeted at enterprise. You can supervise devices with Apple Configurator and there are ways to do it without losing any data on iOS.

I guess what really surprises me is that these big companies which are target at enterprise don't have family/individual licenses available. The product is already there they just need to allow people to purchase it. Perhaps it's too much headache in terms of customer service, IT knowledge and setup etc but I really can't understand why none seem to offer this.

The ones in the consumer space are ridiculously under featured and incredibly easy to bypass from what I've seen.

Honestly, Jamf Now would be nearly perfect if it could block all VPNs (including apps) on devices and prevent browsers from using custom DNS.

It's definitely not the intended purpose but I'm going to attempt to purchase Jamf School through a distributor which I have to in Australia and see if I can apply it for family use.