Clear Screentime Setting over Jamf School as IT Admin

JamFm
Contributor

Hi Jamf Admins 

what can we do about screen time when parents set it?

Can this setting be deleted via the Jamf Portal or is it only possible via the iPad itself or Jamf Parent App with clear Parent restrictions?

If it is not possible to intervene via the Jamf Web. Will it be possible in the future/near future without Parent App?
Because otherwise the iPads are restricted in the classroom or interfere with functions if the screen time is set by parents or students.

Thanks for your feedback.

Nice Regards

Peter

3 REPLIES 3

Lasse
New Contributor III

Set school hours. Parent restrictions should not apply within these hours. Set Parent hours. Makes sure School hours and Parent hours does not overlap.

Teachers can clear Parent settings per device if need be. Jamf School admins can also send the clear Parents restrictions command to a device.

Hi Lasse,

but we don't use at some Schools Jamf Student/Parent App. 

Lasse
New Contributor III

As long as the devices are supervised, school hours in Jamf School should override restrictions by design. I don't know about BYOD or user-enrolled, but those shouldn't be out with students anyway in my opinion.

It's a bit convoluted, but I see in the Jamf School documentation that the 'Clear Parent passcode' quick action should also clear the screen time restrictions. This seems to fall into the current quick action command 'Clear parents restrictions'. The parent mentioned there is not related to Jamf Parent. These quick actions relies on the device being supervised.