Content Caching Module (beta) - no longer working

rob1
Contributor

We had been making use of the Content Caching Module in Jamf School for many years to take pressure off of our Internet, however this is still in beta and has been failing to cache files for some time (I can't be certain of the exact date). I have since uninstalled the Caching module as it does not appear to work anymore and appears to have been installing older settings and profiles on our devices that were cached before the module stopped working.

At this time I have configured 2 Mac Minis and an iMac with Content Caching in order to take pressure off our Internet. I would like to make use of the Content Caching module rather as this was more efficient and reliable than the Content Caching feature available on networked Mac OSx devices. Is there any way to speed up the process of fixing this module? 

The message I have on the module (when enabled) is:
Due to recent changes in the macOS system store download process, the Jamf School Content Caching daemon cannot currently deliver packages. We are currently working on a solution and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Description:
Use Jamf School Content Caching to download files that will be used by multiple students to one dedicated device in the school's network. Users who then download files and programs do so by downloading them from the dedicated device that is designated as content server within Jamf School.

The description of it:
When content caching is enabled, the following things will happen in your environment:

A new menu item will appear in Settings where you can setup Content Caching.
When viewing a media item, you will see a status if it is cached or not.
When viewing a media item, you can enable/disable it for caching.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rob1
Contributor

Since this isn't getting much attention as a topic, I have posted it as a feature request. If you would like to vote for it for its implementation, please vote here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

rob1
Contributor

Since this isn't getting much attention as a topic, I have posted it as a feature request. If you would like to vote for it for its implementation, please vote here.