Energy Saver Profile

yjian
New Contributor III

Hi, I would like to check if anyone is still able to use the Energy Saver Profile in JAMF school?

I have a Energy Saver Profile setup for all computer but seems like it not working anymore. 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

MikeTheTech
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

What part of the profile isn't working? Everything in general or specific aspects of it? 

yjian
New Contributor III

The daily powerup 7am and shutdown at 5pm is not working anymore.

yjian
New Contributor III

Anyone still able to set daily  startup at 7am and shutdown at 5pm using a profile created in JAMF School?

Thank you

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

It's not in Jamf's default Energy Saver template, which makes me think that the functionality is slowly being deprecated by Apple.  However it can still easily be managed through pmset - /usr/bin/pmset - and I still do it that way.  

pmset repeat shutdown TWRFS 11:00:00

Schedules a repeating wake or power on event every tuesday at 12:00 noon,
     and a repeating sleep event every night at 8:00 PM.

pmset repeat wakeorpoweron T 12:00:00 sleep MTWRFSU 20:00:00

Alternatively I just checked and iMazing Profile Editor still offers it in their profile template.  You could also try that method if you wanted something enforced. 

yjian
New Contributor III

Hi @easyedc, The JAMF school profile attached in image. Can I confirm that is no longer working?

Thank you

energy.png

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

I'd check with Jamf support for whether they still support this functionality.  And if you have AppleCare support they would be worth asking as well.  FWIW - it still works as I mentioned using a PMSET command.