Export/Import all APPs as CSV

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hello Jamf Team

I have a question, why is the import/export function also not offered for apps, like for the groups/placholders? Is it not technically possible?

It is so that more and more apps are put into operation and let's say 50 apps have to be assigned to a new group, then I have to virtually select all 50 apps individually and assign them to the group.

It would be much easier to do an export, add the corresponding group in the "Groups" column of the respective app and then import it again. Like it is possible with User Groups and Placeholders.

I would appreciate an explanation as to why the export/import as CSV is not offered in the "App" area or whether the feature would be possible to include in the next update.

3 REPLIES 3

RayHerring
New Contributor III

It is, it's just in a stupid spot.

Under 'Apps -> Apps' click on 'Content License Overview' in the top right corner.

There, you can 'export' the list, though it still won't do what you want in terms of adding apps to groups, etc...

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hi, i know the option in the top right corner. But as of you say, it doesn't help me. I need the same function like placeholders, to assign the Apps over an sheet (excel, numbers..) direct groups.

But thanks for you help an note 👍

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hi, i know the option in the top right corner. But as of you say, it doesn't help me. I need the same function like placeholders, to assign the Apps over an sheet (excel, numbers..) direct groups.

But thanks for you help an note