Export with the SerialNumber

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hi
we need the most important Infos from the User but we miss at the export the SerialNumber. This means that I have to combine the data from the categorie „Devices“ and the „user", which is very cumbersome.

Export from categories "Users" Columns 

UserFirstName

UserLastName

Username

Email

Managed Apple ID

Groups

Devices

It will be very well, if we could export with the SerialNumber and not if the user have a Device 1 or not 0.

UserFirstName

UserLastName

Username

Email

Managed Apple ID

Groups

SerialNumber

Or have anyone an idea, where I can extract/export the Infos (see the upper chart)

Thanks for help!

Peter

4 REPLIES 4

mfletch
New Contributor III

If I'm understanding what you're asking, all you need to do is add serial number to the Inventory display. 

Go to Settings>Computer Management>Inventory Display and click on the Hardware tab and look for serial number and select it. Back out to the Jamf home page and click Computers and Search Inventory>Search and when it shows all computers you will have a serial number column. Now when you export from there, serial number will be included. 

JamFm
New Contributor III

Hi 

I could't find Settings>Computer Management>Inventory

We work with Jamf School

Why can I select under DEvices which information I want to export but not under "Users" e.g. ??Why do you do that?

And the interface does nothing for me, as it only has an effect on the "Devices" category and not on the "Users" category

Peter

JamFm
New Contributor III

Why can't I select under.....

mfletch
New Contributor III

My bad, I'm working with Jamf Pro and based on your reply, apparently, they are different in how you configure this information.