how to disable two factor authenticator for jamf school

WannesICT
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue where Jamf School is not accepting my two-factor authentication code. Only my Jamf account is allowing me to log in. Is there a way to disable the two-factor authenticator without needing the code?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

You can turn off the SSO integration or use the Jamf bypass URL. You would need to use local accounts to log in to Jamf. At least you can do this with Jamf Pro.

As far as MFA itself, that is controlled by the IDP. Whoever manages the IDP would need to change the authentication policy for Jamfs App Integration.

• If others are having issues, I suggest linking up with your team that supports that IDP.
  • If it's just you having issues, I suggest resetting your MFA and contacting your support team for assistance with that if needed.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

For Jamf School to turn off the authenticator app codes you need to submit a ticket into support. They'll turn it off which will allow you login and setup the code again. 

@AJPinto School doesn't have SSO unfortunately. It's either Jamf ID or Jamf School accounts which require 2FA using an authenticator app(six digit codes). Either one is a pain in the a**.