How to select Automated Device Enrollment Profile after registering device with Apple Configurator?

Florian2702
New Contributor

Hello,

we have several iPads at school which were purchased before using jamf as MDM.

I now want to enroll them into jamf using Apple Configurator. After following the steps described in jamfs support documents (https://learn.jamf.com/de-DE/bundle/jamf-school-documentation/page/Apple_Configurator_2_Enrollment.h...) I am now stuck when trying to select one of our prepared Automated Device Enrollment Profiles in jamf. 

Here's what I did:

1. Enroll the device via Apple Configurator using a blueprint as described above
  2. Change the MDM server of the device in Apple School Manager from Configurator to our jamf server 
  3. Device shows up in device inventory now, is marked as supervised and can be managed 

...but...

The device does not show in the list of devices when I click on "devices - automated device enrollment profiles". And since I know no other way to do so, I now cannot select a different enrollment profile from one of our prepared profiles inside jamf, I am stuck with the profile I used with Apple Configurator.
I even tried to reset the device from within jamf, however, then the whole enrollment became deleted and the device was unsupervised again.

What am I doing wrong/missing here?

Thank you very much!

Florian

2 REPLIES 2

A_Collins
Contributor

There is a 30-day provisional period, after that period device will part of ADE. in that 30-day provisional period user can remove the profile

Florian2702
New Contributor

Thanks a lot!

I was able to solve the problem. After enrolling the device with Configurator and in ASM, it was assigned to the school district and not to our school directly in Jamf School.
That was the reason I could not find it in the "ADEP"-list.