Jamf School clearing Safari history

CSS
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a set of classroom iPads which have been configured in Jamf School to prevent pupils from deleting their browser (Safari) history.

Recently a pupil has been searching for inappropriate subjects, how do I delete the browser history now the matter has been dealt with?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

GregBobbett
Contributor

I had the same issue. The only way that I found to get around it is to take that one device out of the Restrictions profile, clear the history on it and then put the restriction profile back on to it. You can do this on a single device by going to Devices > Inventory > click the device > Restrictions > click Disable. Wait until the device refreshes then on the iPad go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data > select the timeframe you want to clear and > Clear History.

When done clearing the iPad, go back to the device in Jamf School and click 'Enable' next to the Restriction you disabled above.

I hope this helps.

Greg Bobbett

CSS
New Contributor

Thank you Greg,

I will give that a go next time.

The only way I could figure out was to temporarily turn off the restrictions payload for all iPads in the group while we cleared the browsing history.