Mac apps won't install

kabcke
New Contributor

Here is the translation:

Hi!

We are currently setting up several hundred Macs, and we are experiencing that more and more of them are having issues downloading applications.

Inside the managed apps list on the devices, we see the error "Duplicate request," and in the activity log on the device, the error "connection to service with pid 1706 named com.apple.appstored.xpc" also appears.

I also notice that all the apps, at least at one of the locations (I haven't checked them all), are marked with the yellow tag "shared app."

Any tips on how we can get all the apps through? It's starting to wear on the users.

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Mac Apps install through Apples MDM framework. I suggest downloading Mac Evaluation Utility from Apple's Beta Seed or the Jamf Environment Test tool and see if you have any network issues blocking traffic.

https://github.com/jamf/Jamf-Environment-Test

Lasse
Contributor

First stop I would say to be renewing the VPP/apps and licenses token. Also check the expiry date of the APNS certificate.

If no luck, check deeper into logs, and gather device logs as well as those @AJPinto is mentioning here. Then you have everything you need to start a support case with either Jamf, Apple or both if you're still seeing the issue.