Make incidents a part of the API

KuiperJack
New Contributor

We already have a database that controls what to do with damaged iPads.

However it would be cool if that database could, through api calls, create an incident in the jamf school for that serialnumber.

however, strange enough, incidents are not part of the API.

I am sure im not the only one, using incidents and some outside JAMF School tool to manage these incidents

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I would suggest using a tool that is designed for incident management like Ivanti or ServiceNow for managing incidents and problems rather than trying to shoehorn incident management into an MDM. Those tools do support API calls to generate and manage tickets and have API integration with Jamf. You could hook your database into Service Now, and have automation happen when something updates which would also update Jamf.

Use the right tool for the job or have a bad time.

KuiperJack
New Contributor

Thx.

Like I stated in the first sentence, we already do have a tool that manages damages.

Not only to Apple products but everything we have at place in schools.

However I would like the JAMF School part to be ok too.

therefore I need to create incidents in there as well.

since however I cannot create incidents through API, that is not possible except manually

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Today I learned that Jamf School has an incident function. I would suggest opening a Jamf Idea for this one. I'd still suggest using a proper incident management tool, but schools usually are on tight budgets. 

Ideas - Jamf Nation Community

KuiperJack
New Contributor

I opened a ticket in JAMF School.

they suggested I made a feature-request here :-)