Possible to restrict changing Wi-Fi networks on managed Apple TV?

tmw-it
New Contributor

We are a school housed on a church campus which means there is often foot traffic in our rooms outside of school hours for church activities. We have our wifi ssids and the church has theirs, not tumultuous - we just have different needs to accommodate. We largely don't have an issue allowing the use of our technology, but recently noticed our Apple TVs connecting to the church's guest network. We obviously want to keep our devices on our network.

Is it possible in Jamf School to restrict the ability to change Wi-Fi networks on TVos? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mschlosser
Contributor II

I'd advocate the use of setting the SSID to join via configuration profile, and then enabling Conference room mode; along with another config profile to disable apple tv device sleep/  the users of the apple tv's will then be able to airplay whatever they like to the apple tv via phones / iPads , but they will be unable to change anything on the apple tv itself. 

works well on our campus

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mschlosser
Contributor II

I'd advocate the use of setting the SSID to join via configuration profile, and then enabling Conference room mode; along with another config profile to disable apple tv device sleep/  the users of the apple tv's will then be able to airplay whatever they like to the apple tv via phones / iPads , but they will be unable to change anything on the apple tv itself. 

works well on our campus

Great advice, that seems to work well. I'm going to combine your recommendation with a time filter so our teachers can still have full access to the apple TV but the general public can only airplay. 

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help!