Restrict Google Apps to Domain Accounts

igrathen
New Contributor III

Hey everyone!

We are relatively new to Jamf School and iPads in general for our district!

We come from a Chrome environment so of course there are some abilities we had with GAC that we would like to emulate with Jamf School!

Are we are to lock Chrome or Safari to only sign-in/authenticate with our @Domain accounts?

Our fear is that students will just be able to login to any personal account and message/interact with each other that way (our admin is very pro-restricting student's virtual communication platforms).

I appreciate any and all help!
Thanks all,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You probably want to look in to enrolling Chrome in to the Admin Console so you can manage Chrome itself. There are plenty of options for MDM to manage chrome with a configuration profile, but I am not sure if restricting login domain is one of them. For Safari your best option is to either block it or get a proper tool to manage access control on the network. What you are asking is not possible with Safari as far as I am aware.

Deploying Google Chrome on Apple Devices (jamf.com)

Chrome Enterprise Policy List & Management | Documentation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You probably want to look in to enrolling Chrome in to the Admin Console so you can manage Chrome itself. There are plenty of options for MDM to manage chrome with a configuration profile, but I am not sure if restricting login domain is one of them. For Safari your best option is to either block it or get a proper tool to manage access control on the network. What you are asking is not possible with Safari as far as I am aware.

Deploying Google Chrome on Apple Devices (jamf.com)

Chrome Enterprise Policy List & Management | Documentation

igrathen
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response, AJ!

We are going to take a look at this managed browser next week!
From a quick look in GAC, it doesn't seem like there is a ton that Google allows you to manage though...
I am sure that is one of their ways to drive competition for the Chromebook! Haha

Thanks again!