Separate Jamf School section

bvondeylen
Contributor II

I would like to see a separate Jamf School discussion area vs Jamf Pro and Jamf Now.

I will be transitioning from Jamf Pro to Jamf School and would like to hear from others, but I would rather not wade through endless discussions of topics that are of no interest to me.

4 REPLIES 4

ryan_w
Contributor

I would like to see this too or at least a faster way to just search things with the JAMF School tag.

MLBZ521
Contributor III

@ryan_w This, more or less, already exists under Education Discussions.

ryan_w
Contributor

@MLBZ521 I get what you are referring to, but I also see room for improvement. On that Education Discussions page there is no easy way to filter by JAMF School related items only. You have to open search then scroll though the long drop down options or find a related post and click the tag. All of that is also dependent on the post being tagged correctly. Not hard, but not convenient either! I do realize JAMF Pro and JAMF School overlap in some areas, but it would be nice to see more quick filtering or a dedicated page to put JAMF School discussions and feature requests. Or maybe there could be an account preference that makes your view only show products you use by default.

MLBZ521
Contributor III

Ah, I see what you mean. This may be better served being put in a feature request than a discussion.

I do question the need to have <insert the numerous products that Jamf has development resources assigned to that all overlap>, doing the same things. This shows in how poorly Jamf Pro is maintained with bugs and feature requests sitting for years upon years. I haven't used the other products, so I don't know how they compare in this regard.