Sign into iCloud

Bux1
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,
So, I have about 85 iPads in a school running Jamf School, connected with the Apple school manager. All iPads run in shared mode and are updated to 17.4.1

Since putting them all in shared mode, I have needed to start using managed IDs, obviously, but the message "sign in to iCloud" keeps re-appearing for all students and teachers. They can put their code in, and it signs them correctly, but the problem is, especially when working with young kids, that they click the message away. They need to be signed in because otherwise, they can't sync up to the cloud with pictures and settings, etc. Has anyone else had this problem and found a work around for it? Any input would be really appreciated.

Cheers

AlexApple ID message

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Beyond having the parents or teachers sign in for the students there is not much you can do. I suggest submitting feedback with Apple https://www.apple.com/feedback/.

Bux1
New Contributor

So this is a known issue? 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

No, it's not an issue. It's working as intended. MDM has no way to log people in to their iCloud account, this is something the end user must do. If your end users are incapable of logging in to their iCloud account for any reason such as age, someone must manually log in for them.

A feedback request could be for something that makes the popup persistent and unable to be dismissed, or maybe for MDM to be able to log in managed appleID's for youth (though I don't see this ever getting approved).